Haven’t heard of 21 Buttons? Neither had I until fairly recently. It’s something I kept seeing crop up all over the place but never really explored until a few months ago. To put it in short, 21 Buttons is a fashion app which allows you to post your own looks and individually tag where each item is from. This is great for finding your own inspo as you can save looks and items to then purchase yourself – I find myself doing this far too often! Equally though, people can also do this with your looks and each time one of your tagged items is purchased, you earn a percentage of commission. This can then be transferred to your bank account whenever it reaches the minimum amount of £10.
There are a couple of simple tips that can help you get off to a flying start earning some money with 21 Buttons!
1) If you’re wearing an item of clothing that is old and not on sale any more, try to tag a similar item you can find and mention that you’ve found an alternative. This saves you from feeling like you have to buy new clothes all the time (which is both expensive and not very environmentally friendly)!
2) Make your photos as high quality as you possibly can – 21 buttons works like a shop, the higher quality your photos, the more likely you are to make a sale. Using good lighting and editing apps (such as Lightroom or VSCO) can help enhance photos!
3) Interact with other users, like photos, save other looks and make sure you stay active to make your page more discover-able.
4) Find the correct audiences – the majority of people don’t have thousands of pounds to splash on a bag, low cost items tend to make more sales. If you’re thinking of posting luxury items, make sure you find a luxury audience or tag cheaper alternatives too
5) Stick to a theme. When I first started my 21 buttons page I didn’t have a theme, I created one for fun and it turns out it majorly increased the engagement I was getting from my posts. It seems people these days love a theme!
6) Who says you have to stick to tagging clothes on 21 Buttons? I also tag items in makeup looks/home interiors. The world is your oyster when it comes to product tagging, tag whatever you fancy!
It can take a while to build up to a point where you can earn a great deal of comission (I’m still learning too) but this aside, the app is really fun. I love just scrolling through people’s looks and editing photos of my own to share and any commission that happens to be earned is just a bonus! I’d recommend this app to anyone, particularly bloggers since you can use this in conjunction with your blog and to help spread your posts to wider audiences!
If you fancy checking out my profile on 21 buttons, I’ve linked it below. Leave a comment saying my blog sent you and I’ll follow you back! 🙂
Elle x | www.21buttons.com/ellemaryjane